Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Summer adventure Fail or Success?

Alright so the first thing that I wanted to do this summer was buy the one thing I always wanted.... a TURTLE! So I went to a bunch of Petcos and Pet Smarts in the area and all of them were over $100. How outrageous!! Then my dad suggested to look on ksl. Genius. And now I think I found one for only $40 with a tank and food. How great right? I'm really excited. Hopefully it'll work out. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow and if I like it I'm buying it. I'm stoked. For a Turtle. As one great man said, Enjoy the Little Things!
This is a picture the guy sent me of the turtle I'm buying!

So considering buying a turtle ^^ was tapped on the outside of my jar and I didn't want to start my summer until I found one I decided I was close enough so today I drew my first real thing out of my jar.
It said, "Write a note of kindness to Mychelle." For those of you who don't know Mychelle is my 17 year old step-sister. The two of us became friends before we became sisters. But over the years we have had a lot of roller coaster-ing um... How do I word this... Emotions, Trials, Arguments, and lots of other things. I guess like normal sisters we don't always get along but I feel like it's been harder to connect to Mychelle considering our situation and our difference in personality. I love her though!!
So mission accomplished! I finally told her how much she has helped me mainly my Junior and Senior year of high school while she was a Freshman and Sophomore. She helped with my studies A LOT!! She's an absolute genius. She tutored me in multiple subjects and helped me pass my classes. I'll tell you a little secret I'm AWFUL at reading. Well Mychelle is the fastest reader I know. So whenever I had to read a book for school she would let me read out loud to her. She helped me understand the readings as well because at times I had to reread to completely understand what I had just read and she was very patient with me and explained it to me. Because of her I am now able to read at a faster pace then before and am able to understand what I read the first time (for the most part). Seriously though... She's great! If any of you know her let her know how great she is. I don't think she hears it enough.

1 comment:

  1. Name him Roger!!! Or Teddy. Teddy the turtle.
    CUTE photo of you & Mychelle!

    ReplyDelete